March 2, 2012

The Perfume Reviews: Couture! by Moschino

The one, but not the only one.

I have always been fascinated by perfumes but it has been really the last couple of years that I spent my time researching about this wonderful industry: the notes, the olfactory groups, the brands, the noses...

During my fragrant trips I found a gem, the holy grail of perfumes (for me, at least). Without further ado I present you the wonderful, the perfect Couture! by Moschino.



This Eau de Parfum is classified as a Floral Woody Musk
Here are the notes:

TOP
mandarin orange, pepper, bergamot
HEART
peony, pomegranate, jasmine, poppy
BASE
benzoin, vanilla, cedarwood

Rossella Jardini, the art director for the Moschino brand describes Couture! as an irresistible essence of life and pure joy. I totally agree with her. Moschino Couture! was launched in 2004 and it was one year later that I came to know this precious concoction.

This is one scent hard to describe, especially in terms of specific notes. They're all perfectly blended together and it's exactly that harmony that is so fascinating: it's a bit fresh, a bit sweet, a bit spicy. 

Far from being overpowering, Couture! is rather energizing and I wore it during both day and night feeling perfectly comfortable. This perfume is for me something very special, it represents for me the two best sides of femininity: strength and sweetness. 

And it's by far really the only perfume that deserve to be called Couture!


Now, why do I call it the One but not the Only? The ugly part about this wonderful perfume is that it has been discontinued. Once I finished my first bottle I searched for it in different countries (even continents!) only to find out that only some online shops offer the last bottles of it.I even e-mailed the company but never got an answer. So I look at my empty bottle with nostalgia and sniff the cap from time to time while I'm instantly reminded of good old times. So that left me obliged to go hunt another signature scent. Sounds easy? It's NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment