March 8, 2012

Prodigious Products: MAC Fluidline

And of course the shade I'm talking about is... yes, you guessed it: Blacktrack. Although I can't wait to try other colors. 

MAC Fluidline is so far the only gel eyeliner I have tried but I really feel like there is absolutely no need to try other brands.

Well, I lied! 





In the name of full disclosure, I am very, VERY curious to sample Maybelline's Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner:






And also Catrice's Gel Eyeliner:



But my curiosity is only based on budget and it's not related at all with the quality of MAC Fluidline. Like I said, I am crazy about this product. 

I am a heavy eyeliner user. I wear it every single day. Black and dark brown are my favorite colors.  My signature look for many years included a soft smudged eyeliner on both lash lines and the waterline as well.

So I figured out that applying gel eyeliner would make my look better and boy was I right!

After months of practice and experimenting with it, I changed my signature look to a more natural eye with winged eyeliner on the upper lash line. This allows me to pull of bold red lips, but that is a story for another time.

I use my MAC Fluidline with a flat, angled eyeliner brush from CALA

No eyeliner that I had used allowed me to create a perfect winged line in a deep, rich, creamy and bold way such as Fluidline. I also apply it sometimes in my waterline and it lasts much longer. 

I love that this product is very intensely pigmented and even when it dries (I know, I know, I know I am not supposed to use it like this, I experiment with products) it still works wonderfully. Mine lasted around 13 months before it started to dry, it was used at least once a day. 

I have a bit of smudging but I think it comes mostly from mascara because once its set, this thing does not budge. However, it is very easy to remove at the end of the day. But I will of course share my make up removal secrets with you later on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment